University of Phoenix
How does University of Phoenix Affiliates work? Each is organized and operated as a small business. Affiliates plan and implement projects to gain hands-on experience, offer continuing education and training to its members, and to raise funds. Affiliates seek high levels of professional interaction, such as company tours, speakers, roundtable discussions, executive shadowing programs, and participation in national activities.
What are the Goals of the PSE Professional Affiliate?
- To offer professional members of PSE opportunities to interact both professionally and socially as a means to network with colleagues.
- To interact with and support active involvement with PSE National Headquarters, the PSE National Council, the National Alumni Association, and other affiliates in the United States.
- To increase knowledge, business relationships, and exposure in the sales and marketing industry while networking, maintaining high ethical standards, and pursuing educational opportunities to benefit the organization, its members, its companies, and the community it serves.
- To provide for active members of the association an outlet to gain valuable professional experiences by applying the ethical principles of sales, marketing, and public relations to organized programs and projects while providing support and moral development for the industry.
- To serve as mentors and advisors to members of PSE Chapters, both active and inactive.
- To serve the surrounding community(s) by promoting active involvement in organized projects and programs that will benefit the community and by participating in volunteer work.
What is the Mission of the PSE Professional Affiliate?
The mission of the University of Phoenix Professional Affiliate System is to provide networking, continuing education, and skills enhancement opportunities through developmental experiences, resulting in an increased level of diversity, credibility, and confidence within its members.
PSE is more than meetings!
In some instances, affiliates perform market research and various sales and marketing projects in conjunction with major corporations in their areas. Annually, PSE University of Phoenix members are encouraged to attend regional fall conferences and the National Sales and Marketing Convention in order to participate in professional development seminars, workshops, and keynotes designed to inspire career building, skills improvements, personal, and professional development.
All of our social, service, and professional activities are bound by a strong sense of professionalism. The fulfillment derived from this unique combination is evident in the enthusiasm and achievements of our members!
How to Start an Affiliate?
Can I join without being a part of a chapter affiliate?
Yes, University of Phoenix students, faculty, and staff are welcomed and encouraged to join PSE to gain the many benefits of membership including access to the resume database, access to students for potential internships and/or position placement, online workshops, seminars, certifications, and a number of new virtual benefits on the way for members not connected to a chapter. Additionally, University of Phoenix affiliate members not members of a campus affiliate will be connected to PSE’s nearest collegiate, alumni, or professional chapters for networking opportunities!